Many exciting developments are underway in the District! Some examples:
The safety and security of our staff and students is and always has been the number one priority of the Cherry Hill Public Schools. In addition to continually training our staff – including substitutes – in security protocols consistent with all law enforcement entities in Camden County, and carrying out regular safety drills with all staff and students, CHPS:
- Partners with the Cherry Hill Police Department, whose officers conduct regular walk-throughs of all 19 schools, all year long
- Is using a portion of the $1,021,510 in additional 2017 state aid to install additional exterior lighting around our school buildings
- Is installing a Security Prototype Project at the Barclay Early Childhood Center, included in the May 23, 2017 CHPS 2020 presentation, to be replicated at all of our 18 additional schools:
- Swipe card access at main entrance and alternative entrances
- Interior/exterior cameras
- Interior/exterior strobe light alarms
- A security vestibule at the main entrance
- Cherry Hill High School East – Wall and foundation drainage project. This large construction project began this summer. Expected completion: September 2017.
- Kingston – soffit replacement project. Expected completion: October 2017.
- Installation of filtered water bottled refilling stations/water fountains in all 19 schools, which will be completed in September 2017.
- District wide – Ongoing curb appeal projects, which will take place at all of our schools. Among the most recent:
- Resurfacing of the parking lot entrance at High School East
- A new entrance canopy at Sharp Elementary
- Fresh parking lot paint District wide
- Additional district wide improvements to take place during the 2017-2018 school year:
- Paint – interior and exterior
- Curb appeal
- Flooring removal/replacement/abatement
- Exterior door replacements
- Electrical & generator upgrades
- Crawl space work at Barton Elementary
- Roof repairs
- Tree work – pruning, thinning or removal
A LONG-RANGE STRATEGIC PLAN
- Cherry Hill Public Schools 2020: A clear vision for the future
- Documentation of the evolution of the plan on the District web site
- Community meetings to discuss the elements of the plan
- Board adoption of the plan, to be used as a blueprint for our 2018 Bond Referendum
BOND REFERENDUM 2018
- Community discussions, including the "Saturday Coffee with the Superintendent" series, have begun regarding what will be included in the Bond Referendum. Vote will take place on September 25, 2018
- Specific Bond projects will be Board approved and announced at the January 23, 2018 Board of Education Action Meeting.
We encourage all community members to be active participants in the conversation about the long-range CHPS 2020 Strategic Plan and the 2018 Bond Referendum. Our "Saturday Coffee with the Superintendent" meetings are just the beginning of this dialog.
Additional opportunities to stay informed:
- Sign up for the CHPS WEEKLY e-newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Tune in for our Online Lunches with the Superintendent
- Attend Board of Education Meetings (or watch them online), PTA meetings (listed on our school web sites) or the additional community meetings to be announced in the coming weeks
- Invite Dr. Meloche to speak to your group by contacting his administrative assistant, Janet Cohen, email@example.com
- Ask a question through our Quick Question portal
Above all, please do not rely on social media chat groups for information about what's happening in the Cherry Hill Public Schools. The "whisper-down-the-lane effect" is real! The best place to find accurate information about CHPS is from CHPS.