Following a 38-minute Shelter in Place at Cherry Hill High School East on Friday, May 24, 2019, Principal Dr. Dennis Perry sent a letter to the East community via email. As explained in the letter, during a Shelter in Place, the following procedures are followed:
1. All outside activities are suspended.
2. Exterior doors remain secured.
3. No one is permitted to exit or enter the building.
4. School staff remain in their classrooms and office areas.
5. Classroom doors and windows are secured and students do not change classes.
6. Teachers continue to provide classroom instructions.
7. Fire alarms are disregarded unless otherwise instructed.
8. School staff are notified when the shelter in place is no longer in effect.