XV. STUDENT PLACEMENT -- BASIC SKILLS IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
- In accordance with State requirements, all students whose proficiency in basic communication and computational skills is below the established State-wide standards shall receive diagnostic and support activities designed to meet each student’s identified needs.
- Every effort shall be made to communicate with parents and students the importance of acquiring basic communication and computation skills. Parents willbe informed of supplemental work required of their child.
- In those instances when a parent is dissatisfied with the student's program plan, the parent shall have an opportunity to request a change in his/her student’s instructional program.
- The determination as to which program is appropriate shall be made by the school's teaching and administrative staff members.
- Parents may appeal the program plan that has been established for the individual student. Such appeals shall be made to the Building Principal, Superintendent ofSchools, and Board of Education, in that order.