PLEASE REVIEW THIS PAGE CAREFULLY
FALL SPORTS PHYSICAL FORMS ARE DUE: MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for sports must be completed through the Genesis Parent Portal.
Click link for instructions: http://youtu.be/ZPM1AoQCdWc
Written instructions are also listed below.
New Jersey State Law requires all students that plan to participate in an after-school Athletic Program in Middle School and High School to have a Physical exam.
- Sports Physical Exams must be completed by a physician or advanced practice nurse.
- The provider MUST sign and date the bottom of page 4 and the Cardiac Professional development module has been completed.
- Sports Physical Exams are valid for 365 days. The physical must be current on the day of the first practice to be considered valid. Please be aware that physical exams are recorded based on the date of the exam,not the date the form was completed by the physician.
- Sports Physical Exams must be recorded on the New Jersey Department of Education Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Evaluation. NO OTHER FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Sports Physical Forms may be turned in at any time during the school year, including the summer months. If your child plays a sport, it is important to keep a valid physical on file to ensure that your child will be cleared before the first practice.
- All areas of the Sports Physical Form MUST be completed. Incomplete Physicals will be returned and delay your child's participation.
□ Verify Physical exam is valid via the Parent Genesis Portal.Be sure the exam will not expire prior to the first practice.
□ Complete and print the Health History Update Questionnaire and provide the completed update to the nurse's office.
□ Complete the additional release forms via the Parent Genesis Portal. Review and electronically sign the release forms each season during the registration process.
- Review the Opioid Use/Misuse Fact Sheet and Video with your Student Athlete and ELECTRONICALLY SIGN the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season
- Review the Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Adults with your Student Athlete and ELECTRONICALLY SIGN the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sports-Related Concussion and Head injury Fact sheet with your Student Athlete and ELECTRONICALLY SIGN the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Complete the Athletic Participation and Release form, select the sport for that season and ELECTRONICALLY SIGN the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
Sports Physical Forms turned in after the posted due dates are not guaranteed to be reviewed in time for the first tryout of the season.
Any questions, Please contact Nurse Thomas, R.N at 856-667-1220 #2 or firstname.lastname@example.org