SPORTS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND FORMS
PLEASE REVIEW THIS PAGE CAREFULLY
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORMS FOR FALL SPORTS ARE DUE MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2023.
Forms submitted after the posted deadline will still be reviewed but are not guaranteed to be cleared in time for tryouts.
IMPORTANT: Healthcare providers may NOT use their own version of the sports physical form. NJSIAA and the NJDOE require that the physical examination be documented on the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation form that was developed jointly by the American Academy of Family Physicians, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
A hard copy of the sports physical form is required. Please do NOT email sports physical forms.
***NOTE:During the summer months, physical forms can be mailed or dropped off at Rosa during school hours.
Registration for sports must be completed through the Genesis Parent Portal. Parents and students are strongly encouraged to watch the presentation below and to review the written instructions prior to submitting physical forms to the nurse's office.
IMPORTANT: The Health History Update Questionnaire is listed in FORMS in the Genesis Parent Portal and must be completed for clearance EACH SEASON regardless of the date of the physical exam. ***** The paper copy is no longer required.
New Jersey State Law requires that all students that plan to participate in the after school Athletic Program in Middle School and High School have a physical exam.
- Sports Physical Exams must be completed by a physician or advanced practice nurse.
- The provider MUST sign and date at the bottom of page 4 that the Cardiac Professional development module has been completed.
- Sports Physical Exams are valid for 365 days. The physical must be current on the day of the first practice to be considered valid. Please be aware that physical exams are recorded based on the date of exam, not the date the form was completed by the physician.
- Sports Physical Exams must be recorded on the New Jersey Department of Education Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Evaluation Form. No other forms or versions will be accepted.
- Sports Physical Forms may be turned in at any time during the school year including the summer months. If you child plays a sport, it is important to keep a valid physical on file to ensure that your child will be cleared before the first practice.
- All areas of the Sports Physical Form MUST be completed. Incomplete physicals will be returned and may delay your child’s participation.
□ Verify physical exam is valid via the Parent Genesis Portal. Be sure the exam will not expire prior to the first practice.
□ Complete Health History Update Questionnaire in the FORMS SECTION of the Genesis Parent Portal.
□ Complete additional release forms via the Parent Genesis Portal. Review and electronically sign the release forms each season during the registration process.
- Review the Opioid Use/Misuse Fact Sheet and video with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Pamphlet with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Complete the Athletic Participation and Release Form, select the sport for that season and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.