SPORTS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND FORMS
PLEASE REVIEW THIS PAGE CAREFULLY
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING SPORTS OPENED ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2021. WRESTLING IS A WINTER SPORT BUT WAS DELAYED DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS.
Sports physical forms for wrestling are due no later than Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Because NJSIAA delayed the start of wrestling until March, the health history update questionnaire for wrestling must be dated January 2021 or later. Forms submitted prior to January will no longer be valid.
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORMS FOR BASEBALL, SOFTBALL AND TRACK AND FIELD ARE DUE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24, 2021. Forms submitted after this date may not be cleared in time for tryouts.
Physical forms must be dated April 7, 2020 or later in order to be considered valid for the Spring 2020 season.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for sports must be completed through the Genesis Parent Portal.
Click link for instructions: https://youtu.be/ZPM1AoQCdWc
Written instructions are also listed in the attachments below.
New Jersey State Law requires that all students that plan to participate in the after school Athletic Program in Middle School and High School have a physical exam.
- Sports Physical Exams must be completed by a physician or advanced practice nurse.
- The provider MUST sign and date at the bottom of page 4 that the Cardiac Professional development module has been completed.
- Sports Physical Exams are valid for 365 days. The physical must be current on the day of the first practice to be considered valid. Please be aware that physical exams are recorded based on the date of exam, not the date the form was completed by the physician.
- Sports Physical Exams must be recorded on the New Jersey Department of Education Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Evaluation Form. No other forms will be accepted.
- Sports Physical Forms may be turned in at any time during the school year including the summer months. If you child plays a sport, it is important to keep a valid physical on file to ensure that your child will be cleared before the first practice.
- All areas of the Sports Physical Form MUST be completed. Incomplete physicals will be returned and may delay your child’s participation.
□ Verify physical exam is valid via the Parent Genesis Portal. Be sure the exam will not expire prior to the first practice.
□ Complete and PRINT the Health History Update Questionnaire and provide the completed update to the nurse’s office.
□ Complete additional release forms via the Parent Genesis Portal. Review and electronically sign the release forms each season during the registration process.
- Review the Opioid Use/Misuse Fact Sheet and video with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Pamphlet with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Complete the Athletic Participation and Release Form, select the sport for that seasonandelectronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
Sports Physical Forms turned in after posted due dates are not guaranteed to be reviewed in time for the first tryout of the season.