Medication Administration at School
A NEW MEDICATION ORDER IS REQUIRED EVERY SCHOOL YEAR
All medication (with the exception of self carry medications such as inhalers) MUST be brought to and from school by the parent or another adult whom the parent designates.
- If your child will be receiving medication for Asthma or Epinephrine, please see notes specific to those medications.
- All prescription and over the counter medications are to be administered from the health office by the school nurse. This includes medicines such as eye drops, ointments, and antacids.
- All prescription and over the counter medications must include a written order from your child's physician. (The label on the prescription bottle is NOT accepted as a physicians order nor is a pharmacy printout)
- Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen can be administered with signed parental permission. This can be done on the Genesis Parent Portal under forms or see download below.
- All medication must be in the original container labeled with your child’s name.
- Check the expiration date of the medication prior to bringing the medication to the nurse’s office.
- Completed medication forms must accompany the medication or the medication will not be accepted in the nurse’s office.
- Medications may not remain in the school over the summer months.The policy of the Cherry Hill Public Schools does not allow us to send medication home with students. Please come to school by or on the last day of school to pick up your child’s medicine. If you cannot come to school, you may designate another adult to pick up your child’s medication(s). Please note that any medication not picked up will be discarded.