Vision and Mission Statements
It is the vision of the Joyce Kilmer Elementary School to create a community of academic excellence that will produce lifelong learners who will contribute to the global society by being respectful, responsible, safe and caring.
The staff of Joyce Kilmer Elementary School will promote academic excellence through high expectations and academic rigor while encouraging a love of learning through the use of a differentiated instructional approach that recognizes the uniqueness of each student.
Rooted in Values, Growing in Knowledge
Joyce Kilmer Elementary School Constitution Preamble
We came to school today to help each other learn and grow and to become the best we can be. I will live up to our Kilmer Constitution and our Kilmer School motto: Rooted in Values, Growing in Knowledge. That means that today: I will be responsible; I will be safe; I will be respectful; and I will be caring.
No Place for Hate Promise
- I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
- I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone – even if they are not like me.
- If I see someone being hurt or bullied, I will tell a teacher.
- Everyone should be able to feel safe and happy at school.
- I want our school to be No Place for Hate.
The mission of the administration and staff of Joyce Kilmer Elementary School is to provide academic excellence through high expectations and academic rigor while encouraging a love of learning through the use of a differentiated instructional approach that recognizes the uniqueness of each student.
To fulfill this mission we have established the following collective commitments:
- We believe everyone is able to learn, and we will create learning experiences that challenge, deepen understanding, and meet the learning needs of students and teachers.
- We will build positive relationships with parents, colleagues, and students by developing open, honest and respectful dialogue with one another.
- We will teach and model for our students, hard work, dignity, and the resilience necessary for school, the community, and themselves.
- We will teach and model respect for all people and our school through peaceful interactions, character education, and acceptance of everyone’s humanity.
- We will consistently recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our community to create an atmosphere where individuals are encouraged to achieve.