CHEA NJEA NEA CHEF NJ Department of Education Technology Standards Cindy O'Hara's Internet Hunt List
American Constitution Center - Lesson Plans
Back to School
- Classroom Management - This article by Gene Van Tassell investigates a number of classroom management theories, including behaviorism, control theory, and assertive discipline.
- Ideas for Avoiding Classroom Management Mistakes - This list of new teacher mistakes is a quick reference guide for novice instructors.
Copyright and Fair Use
- Copyright Law and Fair Use - Stanford University Libraries provides a general description of copyright law and the fair-use exemptions to the law. This site also describes guidelines applicable to classroom copying.
Early Childhood Education (see parent resources)
English as a Second Language
Health Information Network
- Anne Frank Online
- Holocaust History Project
- Holocaust Site for Teachers
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Internet Teaching Sites
- Aesop's Fables Online
- Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- Children's Picture Book Database
- Folklore, Myth and Legend
- Weekly Reader Galaxy
Laptops in the Classroom
- Edutopia: Laptops for All - The introduction of laptops to The Mott Hall School gave teachers "a wonderful opportunity to reexamine our curriculum and confront the digital divide."
- Laptops and Learning Resources - Gary S. Stager asks, "How does your school measure up?"
Lesson Plan Pages (see also Teaching Help/Ideas)
- Awesome Library Teacher Lesson Plans
- Education Index
- Education World
- Learning page
- Lesson Plan Search
- Social Studies
- Teacher Created Materials
- Teachers First
- The Big 6 Skills
- The Solution Site
- Awesome Library
- Book Spot
- Boolean Machine
- Librarian's Information Network for Essential Curriculum
- Bridges to Classroom Mathematics
- Count Us In
- Math Goodies
- Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies - Try these 32 innovative math lessons on Number Theory, Understanding Percent, Circumference and Area of Circless, and Perimeter and Area of Polygons.
- My School House
- The ARC Center
- US Mint Teacher Lesson Plans
- Maryville University Business and Math Games
- Student Motivation to Learn - Review how the motivation to learn can be fostered in school. Find out how to help unmotivated students with attribution retraining.
- The Jigsaw Classroom - Visit the Jigsaw Classroom, a cooperative learning technique that claims to reduce racial conflict among school children, promote better learning, improve student motivation, and increase enjoyment of the learning experience.
- Tools for Teaching: Motivating Students - This article lists key features that enhance student motivation. They include making students active participants in learning as they set achievable goals for themselves, giving students feedback as quickly as possible, and emphasizing the mastery and learning rather than grades.
- Project, Problem, and Inquiry-Based Learning - What are the differences among these three models of instruction? Find Out!
- What Is Project-Based Learning? - Study the essential characteristics of project-based learning.